Gates Pass draws directly from Gates Pass in Arizona, a mountain pass lush with Saguaro cacti along the crest of the Tucson Mountains. Like so many of my favorite places, the scenic overlooks along Gates Pass are common destinations for sunsetters. For city-dwellers, these access points provide natural respites from the bustle of urban life, and sometimes the only access some people have to nature. When I think about some of my most intimate experiences with nature, many of the memories that come immediately to mind were made on the perches from which I watched sunsets - different every evening from the same place. Particularly in desert landscapes where daytime can feel harsh, the warm light brought by sunset can wash over a place and a mind with gracious relief.
The original (pictured in last two listing images) was painted with acrylic, watercolor, charcoal and gouache on linen.
- This is an archival print of my original painting.
- Each print is signed on the front.
- Frame and mat are NOT included.
- All of my prints are produced with professional art materials including pigment-based inks and archival Somerset Velvet fine art paper.
-In order to keep your print in great condition it is important to frame with archival materials (mats, backing board, etc.), keep out of direct sunlight, and UV glass if you really want to go all-out!
- Paper is larger than the listed size, as there is a ~1.25" white border around the actual image to enable easier matting, or float mounting to display the deckled edges of the paper.
- Image itself is shrunk down ~1/4" from size listed to expose signature line when matted or framed in the corresponding standard sized mat/frame.